Eugene Eloff – Teamwork is a Professional Rugby Coach with over 29 years experience coaching players from Grassroots through to National Contracted Players.
A scientific approach to conditioning and player management, structuring and implementing attacking game plans.
Talent identification, with the ability to assess, upskill and develop individual players to reach their true potential. Eugene is now available to book through Speakers Inc.
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- People skills, People Knowledge and Working with Players and Management
- Communication (Players, Management, Media and Sponsors)
- Adapting to any situation and flexibility
- Management of Processes, People, Recourses and Infrastructures
- Knowledge of the Game and Passion for it
- Strong Motivator and Positive Person and Optimist
- Developing and helping Players and Teams from Youth level through to National.
Eugene Eloff – Teamwork coaching philosophy is based on values systems and norms, life experiences and passion for the game, including knowledge of the game gained on courses, working with top coaches
and teams in my career as coach, with the aim to develop the game and players.
Identifying talented players, developing them as individuals to play the game at the highest level and mould them into strong individuals and competitive teams.
Adding value to players, clubs, unions and the game RUGBY You C.O.A.C.H to win!
Winning is not everything but the effort is!
• Everybody must know the goals / objective
• Have a clear Vision and Mission
• You need to push yourself & others HARD
• Train and work smart and with purpose (Calculated)
• Perfect – practice makes perfect
• It’s all about planning (Nothing stays the same long)
• Prepare a plan and then expect the unexpected and be ready to change your plan
• Behaving the same way in similar circumstances
• Before taking time to do what is urgent, take time and recognize what is important
• Victory if possible, integrity at all costs!
• Create a relationship of trust and respect
• Don’t coach to be popular, But to be respected
Eugene Eloff – Teamwork philosophy creates an environment where players enjoy training and working in gaining further experience as a professional player.
By having a scientific approach to the game especially, conditioning and management of individual players (rehab etc.), I am able to get the best out of players.
- Respect – Get players to work together as a team and care for each other
- Learn – Create a sense of researching and study the game and positions
- Labor – Work very hard, good work ethics
- Laughter – Have fun and enjoying training and the journey
With honesty-based principles my philosophy focuses on discipline, desire dedication, determination and devotion
IRB Level 1
IRB Level 2
IRB Level 3
IRB Level 4
Head Coach U21
Assistant Coach Currie Cup January 1998 – December 2005
The Golden Lions are a South African rugby team participating in the Currie Cup, Currie Cup U21 and the Vodacom Cup
• Absa Currie Cup Final 2003
• Absa Currie Cup Final 2002
• Vodacom Cup Champions 2002
• Bankfin Currie Cup U21 Champions 1999
• Vodacom Cup Champions 1999
Lions | Golden Lions
January 2006 – December 2009
The Lions are a South African rugby team participating
in Super Rugby, the Southern Hemisphere’s Premier Rugby
The Golden Lions are a South African rugby team participating in South Africa oldest Rugby Tournament – The Currie Cup
• Absa Currie Cup Final 2007
12 players went on to represent the Springboks at a senior level
January 2003 – December 2006
The Junior Springboks were South Africa’s junior team at National Level, competing in the IRB U19 Championship
• IRB U19 World Champions 2005
• IRB U19 World Bronze 2004
• IRB U19 World Champions 2003
Director of Rugby
January 2010 – December 2013
Boland Cavaliers are a South African rugby team based in Wellington, competing in the Currie Cup
• Currie Cup First Division Champions 2011
• Vodacom Cup Play-Offs 2010
Border Rugby Union
January 2014 – December 2014
Border Rugby Union are a South African Rugby Union based in East London, with the Border Bulldogs participating in the Currie Cup First Division and Vodacom Cup
• Development of Professional Playing Structure
• Strength and Conditioning Management
• Coaching and Player Management
• Player Development
January 2015 – June 2016
Super Scouts is a online platform that connects players to their local clubs and unions, focusing on undiscovered talent in South African rural areas.
• Published: Coach Loffie – Winning Ways
• Regular contributor to Rugby365 podcasts
National Rugby Governing Bodies
Universities and High Schools
• University of the Free State
• University of Johannesburg
• Paarl Vallei High School
Austin Huns Rugby
July 2016 – to 2017
Austin Huns Rugby are a rugby team based in Austin Texas competing in USA Rugby’s Division 1, Red River Conference
• Men’s D1 National Champions
• Red River Conference Champions
• USA National Champions
I was introduced to Eugene Eloff – Teamwork through JJ Harmse in 2007, as an American who had not played professional rugby in South Africa, I knew he was taking a risk bringing me to play for the Lions, but he respected my work ethics. I am forever grateful for the opportunity and the year playing rugby in South Africa.
We are lucky to have someone at this level of coaching in the USA and this was evident in Loffie’s fist year in the USA, which saw him
coach the Austin Huns to Men’s D1 National Champions.
Proud to call him Coach and have him as a friend. – TODD CLEVER
I had the privilege of training under Coach Eugene Eloffe this year with the Austin Huns rugby team and it has been an awesome journey so far. Loffie as we know him is one of the top coaches that I have been coached by during my rugby career.
His stay positive coaching style was what really caught my attention and helped me become a greater player then I was in previous years. His knowledge of the game of rugby is 2nd to none. From on the field to off the field. Being able to manage players and making sure they were physically, mentally and emotionally 100% when it came to game day.
His understanding of players and being able to read situations and then approach the each situation correctly is something I as a player would love to learn.
Loffie is a great coach but by far a greater man. It’s a privilege to call him my coach and also my friend. – LOMANI TONGOTONGO
“ Loffie has been a big part of my success in my career. He gave me a chance first year out of school to play Vodacom Cup for the Lions, and he always believed in me. We had an amazing year winning the Vodacom Cup.
He then coached me, when I played Currie Cup for the Lions, we has an amazing season, going to the final but losing it against the Bulls.
The time I got to spend under the coaching and mentoring of Loffie, set the pace for the rest of my rugby career, not only as a coach
but as a good friend off the field. He will always be one of my best friend and coaches” – JAQUE FOURIE
“Looking back at my career, there are a handful of people who helped shaped the player and person I am today. Eugene Eloff – Teamwork or ‘Loffie’ as most of us have fondly got to know him, was one of those who I am very fortunate to have been there when I was a rather young, wet behind the ears player, with the potential but without any real direction.
Loffie took a keen interest in my ability, both on and off the field and made sure that he made time for me, despite having so much on his plate. His ability to connect with young players and unearth their true potential made him stand out from other coaches and was on e of the reasons why he became so successful with the Junior Springboks during his time at the helm.
Loffie became more than just a coach, he became a mentor and confidant. He pushed me when I needed to be pushed but was also able to just listen and be someone I could bounce ideas and thoughts off of. I am grateful that he took a keen interest in me and that he was there for me at the beginning of my career. Loffie played a valuable part in the foundation that was laid for me to go on and achieve bigger things.”
Follow Speakers Inc on Twitter