Fred Felton is a Communications Strategist. He works at Falconscove a media agency based in Durban, South Africa. He has extensive experience in communications strategy, crisis communication, social media strategy, PR, 5G and Data Centres.
He also provides training in communications, PR and social media. Felton is also a MC, Facilitator and Keynote Speaker and has spoken at many conferences around South Africa.
He recently spoke at the Social Media Conference in Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa.
He is the author of the book ‘101 Tips For Twitter’.
A One Day Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing Workshop
Fred Foulton – Social Media
Session One – 8h30am
- Registration and Welcome
- Introduction to Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing
- Digital Marketing 101
- Social Media 101
- The various jobs in Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Facebook – Effective Management, Benefits of Advertising. How to read the numbers. Facebook success and horror stories. How to get verified.
- Twitter – The power of a tweet, Engagement and Twitter Lists. Why should you mention them? Effective use of software to track twitter campaigns for events. Twitter success and horror stories. How to get verified.
- Content Management – How to curate, generate, Blogging / Copy / Website.
Tea / Coffee Break
Session Two – 10h30am
- LinkedIn – Why should you connect? The value of a Company Page, The value of groups for your marketing needs. What the analytics tell you. LinkedIn success and horror stories.
- YouTube – The untapped power of YouTube. Best video and content practices. Do adverts in your video matter? How to make videos go viral. YouTube success and horror stories.
- Pinterest – Pinning down Pinterest. What exactly is Pinterest and why does it matter. How to use pinterest boards effectively in your marketing campaigns. How to get verified.
Lunch Break (12pm – 1pm)
Session Three – 1pm
- Instagram – How to become a pro with the gram. Why Instagram Stories matter. Instagram Videos and how to use them. How many hashtags are enough. How to get verified.
- Google Search, Adwords and PPC – How to use google search effectively. Why Adwords and PPC matter? Choosing the right keywords and how to find them. Reviewing what is working.
- The other social media networks – A look at SnapChat and WhatsApp and why they matter for millennials and the future.
Tea / Coffee Break
Session Four – 2pm
- Social Strategy and Reporting – Best software to use, How to use Analytics to better content management.
- Social Media Policies – Why your company should have a social media policy? What is a social media policy? The basics of the POPI act and GDPR and why you need to know about them.
- A brief introduction into Influencer marketing and how to use them in your marketing mix.
- How to handle a social media crisis.
- Q & A