Joey Rasdien – MC Comedian absurd, yet thought provoking stand up comedy show tackles the touchy subject of evolution and how natural selection has blessed many of the figures that loom over South African life
His topics under scrutiny range from the devil and Charles Darwin to Julius Malema and Steven Hawking in a show that will make audiences laugh until tears are rolling down their faces.
The face of a new generation of South African comedy, Joey is instantly recognisable, thanks to his roles in movies such as Running Riot, Bunny Chow, Vaaitjie Sieen By Gat, Dollars and White Pipes, Outrageous Blitz Patrolife and Material with Riaad Moosa.
Joey wrote, co-produced and acted in his own sitcom ‘Rasdien’ which was flighted on SABC 2. In addition, he has performed in many major comedy festivals in South Africa and he is a regular on the comedy circuit at the country’s leading venues.
Rasdien has also starred in the popular ‘Last Laugh at the Lyric’ and The Pure Monate Show on SABC 1. He has also performed at the prestigious venue, Yuk Yuks in Toronto.
Joey’s experience in the financial industry is an advantage, especially when it comes to relating to a corporate audience.
This makes him sought after for corporate events, a facilitator/entertainer for conferences.
Having appeared in numerous television adverts for companies such as Cell C, One Life Direct, Kalahari.com, KFC, The ICC Cricket World Cup Campaign and he has toured with the South African Cricket Team as one of the faces of South African Cricket.
He is also known for his famous appearance in the smash hit DVD and CD, ‘Make the Circle Bigger’ with HHP and JR.
Joey is also a regular on the Comedy Club circuit, where he has performed to sold-out audiences, including:
Parkers Comedy and Jive.
He has headlined Blacks Only Comedy.
A regular performer at the popular Heavyweight Comedy Jams.
He has had sold-out ‘one man’ shows on stage at the Lyric Theatre for two years running.
2012 saw Joey’s Mixed DNA Tour
Joey Rasdien – MC Comedian has Emcee’d three of the Kings and Queens Comedy festivals at Emperor’s Palace during 2012 and 2013.
On the small screen, Joey can be seen in:
- Comedy Showcase
- Sketches on ‘Jerry Springer’s Saturday Night Live’
- Appearances on The Phat Joe Show, Leriekeraai, Pap Idols, Spek Skieters and a lead role in a ‘Quickies’ production.
- He has performed rap in 4 music recordings for the Department of Health for their AIDS campaign, Khomanani.
- He has presented the popular live interactive TV show, Play TV on SABC 1.
- He was the host of his own game show; Go for It on SABC 2.
- Laugh Out Loud, a prank TV show on M-net.
- Joey is a regular on Kyk-Net and various SABC 1, 2 and 3 shows.
- He won ‘Best Actor’ award at the Nante Film Festival in France in 2007 for his role in Bunny Chow.
- Joey is one of the leads in ‘Blitzpatrolie’ which premiered on May 10th, 2013