Leanne Manas – Conference MC is a multiple-award winning South African TV presenter that has graced our screens for over a decade now available through Speakers Inc. Not many broadcasters can boast having had live TV experience 5 days a week for 12 years …
Leanne is a qualified Speech and Drama teacher which she completed through London Trinity College and she also has an Honours degree in English.
She started her career as a weekend and late night news anchor for Talk Radio 702 and she then moved to Johnnic Publishing’s African Business Channel (now Avusa Media), where she became the news anchor for Classic FM.
Leanne has done extensive work for radio stations across South Africa including Radio Algoa Jacaranda, East Coast Radio and SAfm. Follow on Twitter
Her television career began when she became the main news anchor for South Africa’s essential business channel, Summit Television. She has also produced and presented a series called IT News.
Leanne took a keen interest in Finance journalism and she completed a postgraduate diploma in Economics Journalism at Rhodes University, Grahamstown.
After anchoring for two years at Summit TV, she joined the SABC in 2003 and she presented two programs on SABC 3 called Business Update and Business Focus.
It was after the 2004 elections that Leanne took on the role as one of the lead anchors as well as being asked to take over the female reigns on Morning Live. She assumed the post on the 1st of August 2004 and is still going strong!
She has won the following awards:
– ‘Best Overall TV Presenter You Magazine’ 2012.
– Winner of the ‘Best Overall SA TV Presenter for the You Magazines’ – ‘You Spectacular’, 2010.
– Winner of the ‘Best Overall SA TV Presenter for the You Magazines’ – ‘You Spectacular’ 2009.
– Nominee in the ‘SA’s Favourite Celebrity for 2008’ in the You Magazine Awards.
– Winner of the ‘Best South African Female Television Presenter’ at People Magazine’s Crystal Awards, 2008.
– Winner of the ‘Best South African Female Television Presenter’ at People Magazine’s Crystal Awards, 2007.
– Winner of the ‘Best South African Female Television Presenter’ at People Magazine’s Crystal Awards, 2006.
– Winner of the ‘Best South African Female Television Presenter’ at People Magazine’s Crystal Awards, 2005.
– Winner of People Magazine’s ‘Best Dressed Female Presenter’ at the Crystal Awards, 2006.
– Winner of People Magazine’s ‘Best Dressed Female Presenter’ at the Crystal Awards, 2005.
– Winner of You Magazine’s ‘Most Stylish Television Presenter’, 2006.
– Winner of the Sunday Times / Elle ‘Most Stylish News / Actuality / Continuity Presenter Award’, 2004.
– Nominated as one of Cosmopolitan Magazine’s ‘Most Awesome Woman’, 2004.
– Nominee in ‘Sanlam Business Journalist of the Year Awards’, 2002.
– Leanne is an ambassador for Nelson Mandela’s campaign, 46664.
– She is the only television anchor in the world to join the elite list of ambassadors handpicked by Madiba himself.
Achieve Your Impossible
(Motivational / Inspirational keynote)
It’s not about conquering a mountain; it’s about conquering YOURSELF.
Some people wake up every day, doubting their ability to achieve their goals however big or small. Take the leap and realize your true potential by stepping outside of your comfort zone.
Leanne will take you on a motivational journey through her life – from being the shyest little girl in the class to becoming one of the most recognizable faces on South African television.
Hear about her encounters with Presidents, Celebrities and everyday South Africans and the lessons that she has learnt along the way. None of this would have been achieved without the courage and self-belief that Leanne possesses.
All of this intertwined into her unlikely journey to the Summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. She will have you hanging onto her every word during this emotional rollercoaster of a talk that will leave you wanting to achieve your impossible.