Matsi Modise – Leadership Entrepreneur is the Managing Director of SiMODiSA, an industry association whose mission is to accelerate entrepreneurship by collaborating with policy makers to enhance the success rate of high impact, high growth entrepreneurs in South Africa.
She is the founder of Furaha Afrika Holdings, a Pan African enterprise development advisory and investment firm.
Her experience ranges from Investment Banking at Investec Bank Ltd, and Enterprise Development advisory with South African banks, institutions of higher learning and corporate entities.
Matsi Modise currently sits on the Barclays Africa Shared Growth Advisory Board; Agri-Vie Private Equity Fund; The Innovation Hub as a Non-Executive Director and Orange Corners, an incubation initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
She is a subcommittee member of the South African Venture Capital/ Private Equity Association (SAVCA) and the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) Innovation Management committee.
In 2016, she was selected by the World Economic Forum (WEF) as one of the Top 50 Global Shapers to attend the WEF Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland and is now a member of the WEF Global network of experts.
Matsi was named one of the Top 30 African leaders in technology, business, art, science, politics, design and media by Quartz Media Africa. She has won numerous other awards and global recognition and was named one of the Top 100 Young Independent Disruptors by Independent Day Media, and the Coca –Cola Young Achiever of the year award at the Women In Leadership – Africa Summit 2013.
Matsi as a global thought leader on entrepreneurship
- Written and have been featured in numerous local and international publications, including Forbes Africa, Small Business Connect, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Boston Review, Mail & Guardian, Succeed Magazine, Destiny Magazine, The New Age newspaper, Business Day and City Press.
- Matsi is a weekly featured guest on Radio 2000 and SAfm as a business mentor
Matsi Modise – Leadership Entrepreneur MC
Matsi’s global awards, recognition and participation in the entrepreneurship development space
- Keynote Speaker at the Oxford Business Forum Africa 2018, hosted by the Oxford Saïd Business School in the United Kingdom
- A founding curator of the World Economic Forum, global shapers community
- In 2016 was selected by the World Economic Forum (WEF) as one of the Top 50 Global Shapers to attend the WEF Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland and represented the country
- Acknowledged by the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting of New Champions, in Tianjin China by Professor Klaus Schwab (founder of the WEF) for her contribution to entrepreneurship development in South
- Named Top 30 African leaders in technology, business, art, science, politics, design and media by Quartz Africa.
- Named one of the Top 100 Young Independent Disruptors by Independent Day Media
- A mentor on the World Bank / VC4Africa XL Africa program
- Participated in the World Bank Inaugural Innovation Summit in Singapore (2017)
- Member of the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN)
- Participated at the G20 Youth Entrepreneurship Alliance in Berlin Germany 2017
- Awarded the Coca –Cola Young Achiever of the year award at the Women In Leadership – Africa Summit 2013, alongside Nigerian female billionaire Folarunsho Alakija